Liquid Technologies (LiqTeq) is an end-to-end Design and Development Agency. LiqTeq offers various DevOps, Data services, and AI services to multiple businesses and organizations and those in the startup phase. We're a team of creators, thinkers, explorers, and judo trainees. We approach work and play with curiosity and experimentation, using what we learn to create meaningful digital products that connect with people, just like you.
We are looking for a Data Team Lead to join our fast growing data vertical. The prospect will be responsible for expanding and optimizing our data practice, as well as optimizing and maturing the data team and incorporating best practices. The ideal candidate is an experienced data workstreams practitioner with similar lead roles in the past and who enjoys optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up. The Data Lead will support our software developers, database architects, data analysts and data scientists on various initiatives and will ensure optimal delivery. Candidates must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the needs of multiple teams, systems and products.
- Manage a team of data scientists, data engineers, machine learning engineers, data architects and should be comfortable working closely with UI/ UX team and Devops teams
- Hire, train and work towards team retention plans, providing them balanced learning and growth opportunities
- Interpret and analyze industry data challenges in conventional and AI space and convert them into business opportunities
- Conceive, plan and prioritize data projects
- Align data projects with organizational goals
- Lead data mining and collection procedures
- Ensure data quality and integrity
- Qualify sales leads into opportunities - supporting sales and pre-sales - including furnishing of proposals and commercial activities
Lead the following activities through his team:
- Test performance of data-driven products
- Visualize data and create reports and dashboards
- Experiment with new models and techniques
- Build analytic systems and predictive models
- Assemble large, complex data sets and build data pipelines that meet functional, non-functional business and data monetization requirements.
- Architect and implement large scale data warehousing and intelligence solutions
- Understand data transformation and translation requirements and leverage right tools to ensure risk free deliveries
- Enable teams providing production level support for Data Warehouse management
- Understand data pipelines and suggest modern ways of automating them over cloud and web services
- Translate requirements for BI and Reporting to database design
- Sign off on conceptual, physical and logical data models
- Utilize database and web application technologies to design, develop, and evaluate innovative business intelligence tools and automate reports
- Merge BI platforms with enterprise systems and applications and document models, solutions and implementations.
Qualification - Experience
- Minimum 8 years of experience
- Minimum 3 years of experience in the lead role including (Warehousing, Analytics, BI and AI - At Least 3 areas are must)
- Experience of developing, leading and delivering Proof of Concepts and pre-sales presentation
- Advanced working of SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines
- Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, AWS S3, Redshift, Azure Blob Storage, and Kafka, etc
- Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, EMR and RDS
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores.
- A solid experience and understanding of architecting, designing and operationalization of large scale data and analytics solutions on Snowflake Cloud Data Warehouse is preferred
- Solid proficiency in data warehousing concepts (ETL, Stage/Core layer, Dimensional Modelling, Data Marts etc.) and SQL programming
- Ability to capture customer requirements and translate into functional requirements
- Past experience in one or more Enterprise BI tools like PowerBI, Tableau, Mixpanel, and cloud BI services of Oracle, Azure, GCP and AWS is good to have
- Ability to develop technical design documentation, training and presentation material
- Understanding and experience of working in an agile project environment
Qualification - Education
A Graduate degree in Computer Science, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field.